gossamer blue :: april tags


The Gossamer Blue Design Team has been doing a little something different on the 15th of the month...instead of our traditional blog hop, we've been doing the hop on Instagram.  March was our first time trying it out and as it seemed to be pretty successful, we thought we'd do it again in April--today (at 4pm PST/7pm EST)!



I made several tags again this month, about half of them showcased here in today's post.  If you've come from the Insta-Hop, you'll find project details and closeup photos here.  And, if you're on IG, be sure to complete the hop so you can see all the girls' projects!  


The April kits were filled with can't-miss GB exclusives, plus products from Maggie Holmes, Pink Paislee, Jen Hadfield, Shimelle, Dear Lizzy, and Amy Tangerine.  They go so well with the March kits, featuring most of those same brands, so are definitely worth getting your hands on if you loved what you saw last month.


I'm always excited when there are lots of die cuts and chipboard--and there are in April!  It just makes it so easy to create.


For each of my tags here (and there are more in the GB Gallery), I mixed the April kit contents with a few of my own stash staples--namely, handmade embroidery floss tassels & bows, glitter clothespins, and fabric.


The pinks in my additions pair so well with the same shades in the chipboard floral and that gorgeous 2x2 Life Pages card.  I think that was my most favorite LP card this month--and it's only found at Gossamer Blue!


More pinks...I can't help it!


Because these are the last projects I made and I made them after I had submitted all of my required monthly work, I allowed myself to borrow from past kits if it enhanced the piece.  On this tag, I borrowed quite a few things...The gray flower is from an early 2015 kit (it's also Pink Paislee, I believe); the 'be brilliant' sticker on the peach rosette is from February (Heidi Swapp), and the black and white floral paper underneath the lace is from last month (Pink Paislee).  The gold cabochon mum is from my own stash of bulk resin flowers--I spray painted this one gold.



I always like to see the tags on a package, though I don't always have the chance to photograph them.  This time I did.  Using a 4x4 LP card as my base, this tag is a decent size so you don't need to add much else to the wrapping on a small package, as seen here.  This is also a great size if your gift is larger!



Check out Instagram if it suits you, and if not, there are always loads of inspiring photos and projects in the GB Gallery!  Feel free to leave a comment here, too, if you have any questions :)  Enjoy your weekend!



Comments