XOXO :: happy valentine's day!

Happy Valentine's Day, friends!  Against my own advice, it's been a really crazy month so far and I've had a full plate of work.  It's been really good--and I'm doing better about keeping the balance between family and business, which was a huge goal for me this year.  We're letting the kids dictate what we do today and then it's sushi for dinner...so I am not working today and I will enjoy my family!  What have you got lined up?


I have a couple fun Valentines (or, rather, affectionate greetings) to share with you today; I made them from the Gossamer Blue February kits. I've found myself making a few more cards lately than I had been and it was a fun change from tags and gift wrap and gift wrap and tags (though there will still be much more of that in the future).  I don't think you can go wrong with pink, gold, and black--especially if Valentine's Day is involved.


The pink and white paper is actually a Life Pages card and I made the pink tassel from embroidery floss--I can't stop making/using them!  The pop of black from the glitter frame is a great contrast for all the surrounding elements.


I definitely used up those black and white fabric bows.  In the package of 12, I think there are only 3 left!  Lace, gold thread, and a gold doily are some of my favorite go-to's for adding texture because they're subtle and inexpensive.


In addition to the pretties from the February kits, I love the gold sequined heart from the December 2015 Bits & Pieces kit (still available!).  Strangely, I didn't use the pack of sequined shapes much while making my projects that month, but I used them all on projects this month!  (Not just my GB things, but a couple of others as well.)


My second card is a mini, sized to use the heart wood die cut as my background.  Laying it against the white card base made it look flat, though, so I layered a piece of lace in between them and it made all the difference!  Again, it adds subtle texture.


Another of my tassels and, yes, another bow--mint this time, though--adhered to it.  I distressed the heart/love mini LP card and added a gold sticker from my stash, plus another strand of gold thread.  The card came together pretty quick, which is always welcome!


I'll be back tomorrow for the Gossamer Blue Inspiration Blog Hop so enjoy your Happy Heart Day and then come back in the morning for a another dose of love with a bit of bliss mixed in!  Until then...XOXO


Comments

Post a Comment

i do appreciate your comment!
~Rebecca